Help with intimidating neighbours

26-Feb-2016 20:06 by 5 Comments

Help with intimidating neighbours - extramaritaldating com

A verbal warning might be enough, and with 3 of these, you may be able to instigate proceedings under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.See our website Legislation Section for more details.

Remember, that sometimes people aren’t aware of any distress or disturbance they may be causing you.At the first sign of any trouble from your neighbour or members or the local community, no matter how petty it might seem, always start a diary of all incidents, times and dates – make this as detailed as you can.You could compare this to a CV that’s completed when you’re trying to get another job.There are now Neighbour Conciliation and Mediation services available that can act as a mediator in your situation.Look for your nearest service in the telephone book, online or ring your local authority Housing Dept. You can also try our online link directory for internet links of various organisation’s/services.Contact your Insurance Company in the first instance for advice. Do NOT contact a Solicitor until you have checked your policies, as if you do contact Solicitor’s in advance, you may void any legal help that could be available from your insurance company/policy.

Make sure your Insurance Company gives you the go ahead and be guided by them with any procedures.

Ask for a Community Officer to be assigned to you and to call round for an informal chat about matters.

Your Police Force should by now have in place some specific procedures and policies for dealing with NFH.

If not then ring your Police HQ and ask to speak to a Senior Officer about it and find out what their policies are.

It doesn’t matter how many times you have to ring the Police a catalogue of events and a picture is being built of your situation.

Explain matters to the Police, ask for the Officer or Clerk you speak to for their names and details – log this in your diary.